The Women in STEM Student Council (WiSSC) is soliciting applications for the 2019-2020 academic year from students at the University of Arizona to serve on committees lead by select members of the executive board. Serving on a committee will provide an opportunity to aid WiSSC executive board to enact positive change at the University of Arizona.
Deadline to apply has passed. If you wish to get involved with WiSSC as a Committee Member, please reach out! Contact Information
• Communication Committee: Efforts will be centered on the creation of marketing materials and website management
• Funding Committee: Efforts will be centered on the creation and evaluation of grants for University of Arizona students. Help will also be needed with advertisement of the funding competitions and identification of potential future funding opportunities.
• Outreach Committee: Efforts will be focused on centralizing unclaimed outreach opportunities from across the University and soliciting volunteers to claim those events. Committee members will also help plan outreach training events.
• Professional Development and Mentorship Committee: Efforts will be focused on the development and successful
implementation of a mentoring program
• Executive Project Manager Committees (3-Committees)
1. Efforts will be focused on Mental Health, along with topics relevant to self-care for STEM students. This includes continuation of the ‘Women in STEM Panel Series’ and the ‘Meet and Eat with Women in STEM’.
2. Efforts will be focused on Female-Centered Policies at the University of Arizona. This includes maternity/paternity leave, etc.
3. Efforts will be focused on the Visibility of Women in STEM at the University of Arizona. This includes admittance packages, etc.
• Term is for the 2019-2020 academic year. On average committee members should be prepared to dedicate 1-2 hours per week. Committees should also be expected to be in communication with the Executive Board throughout Summer 2019.
• Space on each committee is limited. Applications will be reviewed by the WiSSC executive board.
• You may apply for more than one committee position. Each committee you wish to apply for requires its own application. You are only eligible to be elected to one committee.
• To be on a committee, you must be enrolled undergraduate or graduate student at the University of Arizona, with no plans to graduate before May 2020
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com